Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The report of the Assistant Director Public Realm was submitted to consider the implications for the transfer of the City Council’s Valley Parks to Devon Wildlife Trust.
Members supported the proposed way forward which would protect the Valley Parks and aid the enhancement of Suitable Alternative Natural Green Space (SANGS) which was an element of the Habitat Mitigation Strategy.
(1) the principle of transfer of the lease of land owned or leased by the City Council in Exeter’s Valley Parks, namely Riverside, Ludwell, Mincinglake, Belvedere and Duryard, Barley Valley and Withycombe Way, to Devon Wildlife Trust (DWT) for a period of 30 years, be approved;
(2) the principle of the grant of a development agreement and ground lease for a period of 99 years on any land identified between the Council and the Devon Wildlife Trust as suitable for a Visitor Centre be approved;
(3) the principle of providing a financial contribution of a sum equivalent to five years’ net revenue budget be approved;
(4) the draft business case for the transfer of the City Council’s Valley Parks to Devon Wildlife Trust be approved for consultation with staff and unions in accordance with the Council’s Organisational Change Policy; and
(5) the outcome of the consultation with staff and unions and the final business case be reported to the next meetings of Place Scrutiny Committee and Executive.
Publication date: 14/07/2016
Date of decision: 12/07/2016
Decided at meeting: 12/07/2016 - Executive