Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The report of the Assistant Director Housing was submitted to advise Members of the final business case detailing the proposed changes to the way the Council delivers housing and housing-related support services to tenants in its older persons’ accommodation.
The Service Lead Performance, Strategy and Resources advised that the draft business case was presented to Executive in July 2016. All the tenants affected were then sent a letter and there were consultation meetings with both tenants and officers. The feedback from the consultations had informed the content of the final business case.
Members supported the way forward.
RESOLVED that the:-
(1) feedback from the consultation process on the draft business case and the petition from some residents of Rennes House, together with officers’ responses be noted;
And the following be approved:-
(2) the final Business Case and the proposals it contains for the restructure of Exeter City Council’s older persons’ housing and housing-related support services;
(3) the ending of the warden service from 31 March 2017;
(4) the appointment of three Older Persons’ Property Services Officers to provide an enhanced management service to the Council’s older persons’ housing from 1 April 2017 and the levying of an appropriate service charge to pay for these posts; and
(5) the continued provision of an emergency alarm system to those tenants who currently benefit from such an arrangement and who do not pay for it until such time as a change of tenancy takes place.
Publication date: 10/11/2016
Date of decision: 08/11/2016
Decided at meeting: 08/11/2016 - Executive