Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To receive the quarterly report on the progress of work on the members’ training programme and Members’ attendance for the training sessions during the last quarter.
The Executive received the report which provided a quarterly update on the Members’ training programme and included Members’ attendance for the training sessions from 22 September 2021 to present and their feedback on the sessions attended.
The Councillor Development Steering Group had been undertaking a review of the Members’ Induction Programme ahead of the May 2022 elections. Particular reference was made to:-
· contacting the newly elected councillors, to get their detailed feedback on the induction programme;
· requesting officers who conduct training to attend the next meeting of the Councillor Development Steering Group, to hear Members’ views to help improve the development programme;
· the implementation of star ranking system to highlight the importance of sessions being held;
· the implementation of a manual update for Members attendance for those who have viewed the training recording, but were unable to attend the live session; and
· continue to maximise the Zoom functions for delivering training, which showed attendance was still higher than when sessions had been held in a physical capacity.
In response to a question from a Member, the Corporate Manager Democratic & Civic Support confirmed that training sessions for the Council’s Harbour Board would be included as part of the training provided to Members.
RESOLVED that the Executive note the Members’ Training report.
Report author: John Street
Publication date: 12/01/2022
Date of decision: 11/01/2022
Decided at meeting: 11/01/2022 - Executive