Decision Maker: Executive, Scrutiny Committee - Community,
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The report of the Head of Leisure and Museums was submitted, clarifying the status of Topsham Museum Society with respect to its custody of the City Council’s building and collection.
Scrutiny Committee – Community considered the report at their meeting on 2
September 2008 and the support and comments of Members were noted.
Noting the options available and for the reasons stated in the report, Executive resolved that:-
(1) a 3 year funding agreement with Topsham Museum Society be concluded in
time for the 2009/10 funding round;
(2) the basis of the agreement be that an annual grant equivalent to the
premises rent and the cost of insurance be made in return for the Society
maintaining an accredited museum;
(3) the additional cost of insurance over and above what has been granted be
absorbed by the City Council, the cost will be £4,155 for 2007/8 and £1,074 for 2008/9.
(4) future increases in insurance costs are funded by the City Council through
additional budget provision; and
(5) Topsham Museum Society be thanked for its excellent work in maintaining a free access museum with high standards, and congratulated on being shortlisted for the Art Fund prize for its recent developments.
Publication date: 19/09/2008
Date of decision: 16/09/2008
Decided at meeting: 16/09/2008 - Executive