Decision Maker: Executive, Scrutiny Committee - Community
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
The report of the Head of Leisure and Museums was submitted, providing further information relating to the proposals for cost savings in the Leisure & Museums Unit.
Scrutiny Committee – Community considered the report at their meeting on 2
September 2008. The report sought to address a number of issues which had previously been raised by members at Scrutiny Committee – Community and the Committee had indicated they were satisfied with the response to the questions raised.
(1) the employment of the holder of the post of Community Outreach Manager (CE 12121) be terminated on the grounds of redundancy as from 31 March 2009, that he be paid a compensation payment in accordance with the discretion exercised by the Council under the provisions of the Local Government (Early Termination) (Discretionary Compensation) (England and Wales) Regulations 2006 and that his post be deleted on that date;
(2) the post of Play Development Manager (CE 12122) be deleted immediately and savings from this year’s budget of £27,100 inclusive of on-costs be used to fund the extension of the post of Temporary Countryside Ranger (CE 12236), and the remainder be used to assist the funding of the costs of redundancy and early retirement of the Community Outreach Manager;
(3) the post of Temporary Countryside Ranger (CE 12236) be extended from 11 December 2008 until 31 March 2009;
(4) the post of Part-time Splash Holiday Co-ordinator (CE 12205) be extended to 31 May 2009, and then deleted, and that the Splash scheme terminate at that point, unless external funding for the post has been identified; and
(5) the new staffing structure for the Leisure & Museums Unit set out in Appendix IV(b) be approved with effect from 1 April 2009, and the Head of Leisure & Museums be authorised to transfer services and functions as appropriate during the rest of this financial year.
(Report circulated to Members)
Publication date: 19/09/2008
Date of decision: 16/09/2008
Decided at meeting: 16/09/2008 - Executive