Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) The City Council votes in favour of continuing the InExeter Improvement District (BID) for a second term, covering the period 2020-2025.
(2) The City Council casts its votes in favour of continuing the BID in the forthcoming ballot in October 2019.
(3) Council approve a budget of £5,000 to undertake the ballot to be funded from General Fund reserves.
(4) The Portfolio Holder for Environment & City Management is appointed to sit on the InExeter Board, with the support of the Grow th & Commercialisation Manager, to oversee the interests of the City Council and wider city centre through activity undertaken by InExeter.
(5) The BID boundary is extended to include businesses located on Magdalen Road, at the request of the businesses association and businesses located on Magdalen Road.
(6) The City Council charge a true cost of supporting InExeter in collecting the BID levy, calculated at £12,000 + VAT per annum, from £1,500 + VAT per year.
(7) The Growth & Commercialisation Manager draws up contingency plans, to be implemented as a result of a no vote in October 2019.
Reason for Decision:
As set out in the report.
Report author: Victoria Hatfield
Publication date: 09/07/2019
Date of decision: 09/07/2019
Decided at meeting: 09/07/2019 - Executive