Decision Maker: Place Scrutiny Committee, Executive
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Report to update Members on Food Waste Collections and the Materials Recovery Facility.
RECOMMENDED that Council approve:-
(1) The adoption of Option 4 (weekly kerbside-sort recycling collection, incorporating glass and food waste collection, with three weekly rubbish collection) and associated investment in the Materials Reclamations Facility; and
(2) To implement the chosen service Option 4, Council approve budgets of:-
· £200,000 is set aside from General Fund revenue reserves to provide the project management and assistance with roll out;
· A capital budget of £2,105,000 is provided for the improved recycling containers; and
· A capital budget of £1,500,000 to enhance the MRF.
Reason for Decision:
As set out in the report.
Report author: Simon Hill
Publication date: 10/10/2019
Date of decision: 08/10/2019
Decided at meeting: 08/10/2019 - Executive