Decision Maker: Executive, Council
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Recommendations from the Task and Finish Group
RESOLVED that the findings of the Scrutiny Task and Finish Group be noted.
RECOMMENDED that Council approve: -
(1) an application being made for listing building consent for the relocation of the statue to an alternative location, to allow the opportunity to conduct a public consultation on the proposed Task and Finish Group recommendations prior to a final determination of the matter by full Council;
(2) temporary information boards be erected near to the statue;
(3) an arts-based engagement project with residents be established, through a public art working group in conjunction with the University of Exeter and Exeter Culture, to consider the role of public art and create a new public art strategy in Exeter;
(4) a working group be created to establish a Council Anti-Racism Strategy led by the Portfolio Holder for Culture and Communities; and
(5) the Corporate Equality and Diversity Group develop a training and awareness raising programme for staff and Councillors on equality impact assessments, and their role in the Council’s decision-making process.
Reason for Decision: As set out in the report.
Report author: Melinda Pogue-Jackson
Publication date: 13/01/2021
Date of decision: 12/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 12/01/2021 - Executive