Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
That it is recommended that Council;-
(1) approves the recommendation to review the grant allocation policy and process in 2018 to consider modernisation and consolidation of the grant programmes and revised criteria linked to council priorities be approved;
(2) approves the recommendation that the Neighbourhood Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and New Homes Bonus funding agreed for community building in the city should be front-loaded in light of the Wellbeing Exeter and Sports England Local Delivery Pilot programmes for an initial 3 year period 2018 / 2020;
(3) notes the progress of the Grass Roots Grants / Neighbourhood CIL spend over the first year of this funding being available and recognises the contribution of the Exeter Community Forum Grass Roots Panel in supporting this process; and
(4) notes the second stage of the Exeter Youth Strategy work in terms of the launch of the Exeter Youth Voice project.
(5) reviews the role of the Exeter Community Forum Grants Panel and to consider whether there was a need for greater accountability and scrutinisation of its processes and to examine if a change of approach through increasing the involvement of Members was desirable.
Reason for Decision:
As set out in the report.
Publication date: 15/03/2018
Date of decision: 13/03/2018
Decided at meeting: 13/03/2018 - Executive