· To exchange ideas with the view of increasing the understanding of the two sides.
· To promote good industrial relations practice and training, including the development of good personnel practise.
· To undertake tasks as required by the National Joint Council(s).
· To establish and give legitimacy to dispute and conciliation machinery.
· To deal with such other matters as may, from time to time, be requested (e.g., to act on behalf of the Local Government Staff Commission).
· To facilitate, should the need arise, the negotiation of collective agreements.
· To issue advice, as appropriate, to Local Authorities and Unions.
· To provide a forum for discussion on key strategic issues affecting Local Government industrial relations/ training/ personnel.
Phone: 01823 425209