Decision Maker: Executive
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
Report on the Greater Exeter Strategic Plan 2020-2040
(1) the GESP Draft Policies and Site Options consultation document be approved for public consultation;
(2) the GESP Draft Policies and Site Options Sustainability Appraisal Report be approved for public consultation;
(3) the Initial Habitat Regulations Assessment Report be approved for public consultation;
(4) the content and conclusion of the GESP Equality Impact Assessment Screening Report be noted;
(5) delegated authority be given to the Chief Executive & Growth Director in consultation with the Leader and relevant Portfolio Holder to agree changes to the documents presented at the meeting, following decisions made by the other GESP authorities and before they are published for consultation;
(6) a ‘call for sites’ process be approved, alongside the consultation on the GESP Draft Policies and Site Options document presented at the meeting; and
(7) the content of the consultation statement for the 2017 Greater Exeter Strategic Plan Issues consultation be noted.
RECOMMENDED that Council approve the GESP team being brought up to eight full time equivalent members of staff and that local planning authority staff resources be provided equitably to the team through equalisation arrangements. Subject to future confirmation of the additional GESP staff roles that will be required, for Exeter City Council this would likely equate to a total contribution of approximately £62,000 per annum towards staff costs, or an additional £33,330 per annum on top of existing staff contributions.
Reason for Decision:
As set out in the report.
Report author: Andy Robbins
Publication date: 08/07/2020
Date of decision: 07/07/2020
Decided at meeting: 07/07/2020 - Executive