Decision Maker: Executive, Council
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To consider the report to amend the terms of reference for the Delegation Briefings.
RECOMMENDED that Council approve the following changes to the Council’s Constitution:-
(1) the amendment of the Terms of Reference for Planning Committee to include:-
· Applications referred by the Chair and/or? Deputy Chair of Planning Committee
(2) the amendment of the Terms of Reference for Delegation Briefing to state:-
· Delegation Briefing is a sounding board of Members of Planning Committee that is open to all Members which meets periodically for a briefing on applications where the planning officers are minded to determine them under their delegated powers. The Chair (or Deputy Chair) of the Planning Committee reserves the right to refer any applications for determination by the full Planning Committee, having first sought the views of the relevant ward member at the delegation briefing.
(3) the inclusion in the Scheme of Delegation to Officers of the following delegated powers to the Service Lead City Development in consultation with the Delegation Briefing:-
· Applications that have been subject to representations from a statutory consultee that express views contrary to the officer recommendation; and
· Applications that have been subject to objections from a Neighbourhood Forum, where that Neighbourhood has an adopted Neighbourhood Plan, that Officers are minded to approve under delegated powers.
Reason for Decision: As set out in the report.
Report author: Roger Clotworthy
Publication date: 10/02/2021
Date of decision: 09/02/2021
Decided at meeting: 09/02/2021 - Executive