Decision Maker: Executive, Council
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To receive the report on seeking Members agreement to deploy senior leadership capacity to the leadership of the Net Zero Exeter 2030 Plan.
(1) approve the secondment of the Chief Executive & Growth Director for two days per week to head up the work of Exeter City Futures CIC in support of the Net Zero Exeter 2030 Plan, commencing on 2 January 2022;
(2) approve the secondment of the Director of Transformation for up to three days per week to Exeter City Futures CIC, to design and lead the programme of change in support of the Net Zero Exeter 2030 goal, commencing on 2 January 2022;
(3) agree to the review of the secondment arrangements in 12 months;
(4) approve the commission of additional work to establish a carbon budget for the City of Exeter to show the baseline position for the city, the various city sectors who contribute to carbon emissions, the targets to achieve Net Zero and the carbon emission implications in pursuing the proposals, as set out in the Net Zero Plan;
(5) note the changes to the Strategic Management Board reporting lines; and
(6) request that Strata Service Solutions Ltd consider amending its constitution to allow for the officer representation on its Joint Executive Committee to be the Chief Executive or his nominee of the three constituent authorities (rather than the Chief Executive).
Reason for Decision: As set out in the report.
Report author: Karime Hassan
Publication date: 01/12/2021
Date of decision: 30/11/2021
Decided at meeting: 30/11/2021 - Executive