Decision Maker: Executive, Council
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
To consider the report of the Director on the Council's Leisure Facilities.
RECOMMENDED that Council approve:-
(1) the permanent insourcing of the leisure services when the current contract terminates on 31st August 2020 and the abandonment of the procurement process;
(2) an expedient transfer of staff and services into the Council and the bringing forward of a detailed business plan by 31st of December 2020 setting out governance options for the future operation of the service;
(3) the allocation of a supplementary budget of up to £270,000 to allow the cost recovery agreement to be settled;
(4) the allocation of a revenue budget of £1,542,310 to cover the costs of the transfer and the re-launch of the services;
(5) the allocation of capital budget of £330,000 for the costs of re-opening facilities in a COVID-Secure environment, ICT systems and equipment and re-branding; and
(6) the allocation of £1.5 million capital budget for the fitting out of St Sidwell’s Point Swimming Pool and Leisure Complex.
(7) the staged re-opening of leisure services take place from September 2020, when it is safe and cost-effective to do so; and
(8) the cost recovery payment of £337,833 agreed with Parkwood Leisure which terminates the contract on 31st August 2020 be noted.
Reason for Decision:
As set out in the report.
Report author: Jo Yelland
Publication date: 08/07/2020
Date of decision: 07/07/2020
Decided at meeting: 07/07/2020 - Executive