RECOMMENDED that Council:-
(1) approve the organisational change programme to deliver a fit for purpose organisation and meet the requirements of the MTFP;
(2) note that the overall savings targets for each work stream are indicative and where targets are not met, that these will have to be met by compensatory savings in other areas to ensure that the council continues to deliver a balanced budget;
(3) agree to receive further reports requesting funding at the appropriate time, having noted the budget requirements for delivering the change programme;
(4) approve the following recommendations from the Discretionary Services Review:-
(a) a recurring reduction of £171,180 in back office spend for operational budget cut proposals;
(b) the transfer of £95,370 from the Neighbourhood CIL to resource the Communities element of the Active and Healthy People service, subject to compliance with the provisions of the Community Infrastructure Regulations 2011;
(c) the business case proposal to remodel the Customer Service Centre, and the permanent deletion of two security and assistance officer posts and one customer service officer post, generating a proposed saving of £86,945, noting that two of the posts are currently vacant; and
(d) the business case to reduce the opening hours of the underground passages to reduce the operational cost, generating a proposed saving of £45,000.
(5) note that in relation to recommendation 4, that employees will be consulted on the impact of any changes to their roles and jobs and where the outcome results in any potential redundancies, the consultation will be genuine and meaningful and consultation will be entered into:
· with a real willingness to listen;
· an honest preparedness to adjust proposals where considered appropriate;
· where there is a sufficient level of detail provided; and
· where there is adequate time made available.
(6) authorise the relevant Director to consider and agree any alternatives that are reasonable, implementable and deliver the same financial savings required by the business case as part of the consultation process.
Reason for Decision: As set out in the report.