RECOMMENDED that Council:-
(1) note the Findings and Observations as follows:
· the average rate of pay for females is higher than males across the Council;
· the difference had decreased slightly since last year from 5.00% to 3.91%; and
· there were nearly three times more males in the lower quartile of earnings than females.
(2) approves the publication of the Gender Pay Gap Report on the Exeter City Council website, as well as on the centrally held database on gov.uk; and
(3) approves the annual review of the report to track the relationship between both female and males earnings.
Reason for Decision: As set out in the report.