RESOLVED that the Car Park Places Order 2014 be amended as follows:-
(1) to change the zoning of a number of City Centre car parks;
(2) to change the ‘Premium’ zone to ‘Central’;
(3) to extend the charge period from 8am - 6pm to 8am - 10pm for all Central and Zone 1 Car Parks, and for Car parks located in Topsham from 9am - 5pm to 8am - 6pm;
(4) to increase the fee to purchase a seasonal parking permits and increase the number of city centre car parks that accept a seasonal parking permits;
(5) to increase the fee to purchase a discounted business and residential parking permit;
(6) to charge for events held in City Council car parks;
(7) to introduce a fee for electricity use through Electric Vehicle charge points in City Council car parks;
(8) to charge owners of electric vehicles that qualify for a residential parking permits; and
(9) to set aside £72,000 from the additional income for maintenance and improvements to city centre car parks and carbon reduction measures.
Reason for Decision: As set out in the report.