Mobile Homes Residents Forum Terms of Reference
Forum will consist of:
designated Officer from Exeter City Council.
- Lead Councillor (Portfolio Holder) for People.
- City Council Councillors from wards containing park home sites
– St Loyes, St Thomas and Topsham
to three representatives of residents from each of the following
Mobile Home Sites:
addresses of members from the four sites will be held by Exeter
City Council (those named can send a substitute to the meeting if
unable to attend)
Officers from ECC, other
statutory agencies and the voluntary and community sector may be
asked to attend a particular meeting to provide support, advice or
information on a specific issue.
Overall Aim of the Forum
ensure that Park Home residents have a voice.
be a link between Exeter City Council/Councillors and residents
living within Park Home sites and to promote effective liaison,
including liaison with other agencies.
educate, source and provide information on legislative
promote effective resident empowerment through consultation,
involvement and participation, and to help develop new
General Terms of reference
- The position of Chair will be held by a Councillor of Exeter
- The Chair will be voted into the position by the Forum and the
position shall be held for no more than two years without
- The Chair will nominate a Deputy to act in his/her stead in case
is the responsibility of residents of each Park Home site to decide
who shall be a member of the Park Home Forum representing their
views on the Forum.
- Meetings will be held at least once a year, subject to necessary
a formal meeting is not required, a surgery will be arranged
between elected members and members of the Forum.
- Extraordinary meetings may be called where necessary, at the
discretion of the Chair and in agreement with the Portfolio
- Meetings will be arranged and venues booked by Exeter City
- Notice of meetings will be advertised one week prior to the
meeting with an agenda to be sent to all members of the
- Any items that members would like placed on the agenda must be
received by Exeter City Council and agreed by the Chair two weeks
in advance of the meeting; there will not be ‘any other
business’ on the
- Members agree to provide apologies if unable to
- Any member unable to attend can send someone in their place
providing they have notified Exeter City Council in writing at
least one day in advance.
- All discussions and decisions made at formal meetings only will
be recorded in summary format as minutes and will be signed by the
Chair after the agreement of the Forum has been obtained that they
reflect a true record of the decisions taken.
- All members will adhere to the Park Home Forum Code of
All members must adhere to the Terms of
All members shall be open and honest in their
dealings and show respect for other members
All members will observe confidentiality of an
All speakers will address themselves through the
Only one person shall speak at a time
Each member wishing to speak on an issue will
indicate and the Chair will pick each in turn at his/her
All speakers shall be polite and courteous to
All speakers will keep to the subject under
No member shall raise individual issues unless as a
means of illustrating a point.
No personal political references shall be
If a member does not abide by the code of conduct,
the Chair will warn that if they break the code of conduct they may
be asked to leave the meeting.
The Forum will not tolerate any racist, sexist, or
other discriminatory remarks.
Any member who consistently breaks the terms of
reference or by virtue of their misconduct brings the Forum in to
disrepute, may be expelled by the Chair.